(This is entry #10 of a series of unknown number – I’ll keep going until I’m done)
From the ALEC webpage here is the current Private Sector Board
ü Mr. W.
Preston Baldwin, Centerpoint360 (2011 Chairman)
Private Enterprise Board Members (as of December 1, 2010)
1. Ms. Sano Blocker, Energy Future Holdings
2. Mr. Don Bohn, Johnson & Johnson
3. Mr. Jeff Bond, PhRMA
4. Mr. Bill Carmichael, American Bail Coalition
5. Mr. Derek Crawford, Kraft Foods, Inc.
6. Mr. John Del Giorno, GlaxoSmithKline
7. Mr. Matt Echols, Coca-Cola Company
8. Mr. Jim Epperson, Jr., AT&T Services, Inc.
9. Mr. Michael Hubert, Pfizer Inc
10. Ms. Teresa Jennings, Reed Elsevier, Inc.
Mr. Ken Lane, DIAGEO
12. Mr. Kelly Mader,
13. Mr. Bernie McKay, Intuit, Inc.
14. Mr. Mike Morgan, Koch Industries, Inc.
15. Mr. Kevin Murphy, ExxonMobil Corp.
16. Mrs. Sandra Oliver, Bayer Corporation
17. Mr. David Powers, Reynolds American Inc.
18. Ms. Maggie Sans, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
19. Mr. Russell Smoldon,
Salt River Project
20. Mr. Toby Spangler, Altria Client Services, Inc.
21. Mr. Roland Spies, State Farm Insurance Co.
22. Mr. Pat Thomas, United Parcel Service
23. Mr. Jerry Watson, Chairman Emeritus
Due to time constraints - I put parameters on this project. (I can get a little OCD sometimes, so I had to stop at six companies, rather than pulling all 24 – not enough? Too bad! Just picking those 6 ALEC Private Sector Board Member’s companies resulted in a spreadsheet with 2,764 lines of donations.)
“Political Action Committee (PAC) — A popular term for a political committee organized for the purpose of raising and spending money to elect and defeat candidates. Most PACs represent business, labor or ideological interests. PACs can give $5,000 to a candidate committee per election (primary, general or special).” (Source )
I went to http://www.congress.org/ and pulled the PAC’s for each of the companies highlighted in red – shown above. I pulled donations to candidates of more than $4,999, for the three election cycles of 2005 – 2010.
Below is a winner in PAC money received from ALEC Private Sector Board Member Companies.
THIS GUY GETS A PAGE ALL TO HIMSELF.
(Your list of US Legislative winners for Letters A&B is here)
(Your list of US Legislative winners for Letter C is here)
(Your list of US Legislative winners for Letters D-I is here)
(John Kline (M) got there own page, just because)
(Matheson (UT) got his own page here)
(McMorris (WA) got her own page here)
(Rogers of MI got their own page here.)
(Tiberi (OH) got his own page, just because.)
(Ryan (WI) got his own page – just cause I love
so much. Wisconsin
Murphy (PA) got his own page – cause he’s over a 100K
Is this guy REALLY
(That means they were “educated and indoctrinated” by ALEC – but ALEC can no longer claim them as members because it would violate their 501c3 status.)
Please request the elimination of any and all state and federal funding for state or federal legislators to belong to ALEC, to attend ALEC events and to buy products or publications sold by ALEC.