Pages

Friday, March 2, 2012

ALEC Names ME - A RADICAL OPPONENT

I am so pleased this morning.

My blog was mentioned in an piece of correspondence from the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC). 

The ALEC assholes are monitoring me.
And well they should.
And I knew they were.

But I didn’t know they were writing about me.
I am so pleased.

"I would like to this moment to thank my good friends of the bloggosphere,
my Mom for indoctrinating me in liberal democratic philosophy,
and of course to the ALEC super duper blogger snooper - who found my blog."

My blog has been deemed (with other blogs including, but not limited to: Bill Cronin and my good friends at Daily Kos ) as a “radical opponent".  This was last March when my total  readership was about ten readers - I had just started my blog in December.

LAST YEAR – March 2011 – the ALEC State Chairs letter included the  following paragraph.
Notice to Legislative Members
.
We want to make you aware of the recent activities from our radical opponents.  Liberal blogs are encouraging their followers to confront legislators at town hall meetings, attempt to identity them through inquiries and using email addresses, encourage open records requests of legislator’s emails and even picket in Cincinnati.  You should know that ALEC staff does not divulge the names of its members or any membership lists.  As State Chair, you may be asked for a list of your state members.  It is your choice, and that of your state legislative members, if you wish to release the names of your members.

Links to liberal actions against ALEC & our legislators:

The list that followed included my blog.


Please pay special attention to this line from that paragraph:

As State Chair, you may be asked for a list of your state members.  It is your choice, and that of your state legislative members, if you wish to release the names of your members
So the question would be – why have they not?

This was written last MARCH
– they must have been crapping their Brooks Brothers pants all of 2011.

HEY! Your Radical Opponents -
As a group – let’s make 2012 a year ALEC will never forget!


Again – thanks to all the folks who participated in any way in #F29 – to the many activists, writers, and citizen journalists who cover ALEC and to my friends at Daily Kos who continue the good fight – every day, in every way, to expose and abolish ALEC.




ALEC members and those affiliated with ALEC in any manner
MUST NOT BE RE-ELECTED or receive our support in any means or manner!

Without state and federal legislators ALEC will cease to exist and it will implode.

For more information on ALEC –
Please read this or this or this

This is what ALEC is About  - An Interview with Mark Pocan about the ALEC Annual Meeting.

A Minnesota specific report about ALEC by Common Cause.

And watch this news video  from North Carolina on how other ALEC "model legislation" is going to screw the citizens of North Carolina - legislation introduced by ALEC legislators.

Do your own "act of education".
Distribute these materials about ALEC to your friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment