Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Tax Truth #1: Lousy Analysis Underlies ALEC Tax Proposals

(saw a post on ALEC's blog site hit google and I just wanted to counter it)

The American Legislative Exchange Council puts out glossy reports - junk data.
Fancy reports, questionable data  - kinda like putting lipstick on a a pig.

In their analyses, ALEC and Laffer make many exaggerated claims, present misleading data,commit basic statistical errors, and do not control for other factors known to affect economic growth. They use techniques that manipulate data in ways that violate accepted standards of
research.
More later.

As I noted at the onset
I saw a post on an article that was on ALEC's blog site when I was doing a web search.

Here is the result - I like my search result better:

No comments:

Post a Comment