Jim Jordan – OHIO Congressman
Jim Jordan – ALEC Alum
Jim Jordan - Republican Study Committee Chairman
After generating months of controversy for its championing of right-wing policies in state houses, the American Legislative Exchange Council is turning to the federal level. On Friday, the Heritage Foundation will host a policy gathering for both current ALEC members and the RepublicanStudy Committee -- a group of staunchly conservative House Republicans -- in hopes of beginning a partnership between the two organizations.A senior GOP aide told Roll Call that the meeting could be the first of many aimed at exploring how conservatives at the federal and state levels could work together to further their policy aims. At least 18 state representatives and six House members are expected to attend, including RSC Chairman and former ALEC member Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio).
Jim Jordan – 2012 Weyrich National Legislator of the Year
Weyrich Awards Winners Announced
by News Release
Contact: Deborah Hamilton at (215) 815-7716, (610) 584-1096, firstname.lastname@example.org
BREAKING NEWS: WINNERS OF 2012 WEYRICH AWARDS
Awards Ceremony Honored Those Advancing the Cause of Liberty
Washington, D.C. – The 2012 Weyrich Awards Dinner, held this evening at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel in Washington, DC, once again honored the legacy of leadership of the late Paul Weyrich, one of the foremost thinkers and organizers of the modern conservative movement and who was the first president of the Heritage Foundation, a founder and past director of the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC), the founder and Chairman of the Free Congress Foundation, and the National Chairman of Coalitions for America. He was, and still is, loved by so many as was evidenced by the audience tonight.
The Weyrich Awards Dinner celebrated those who have made a major contribution to advancing the cause of liberty through organizations and media and whose work reflects beliefs, principles and convictions that are harmonious with Paul's own values.
The 2012 Weyrich Award Winners just announced this evening are:
• Media Person of the Year - John Gizzi, White House correspondent, and author of the weekly politics column, Gizz-ette blog
• New Media Person of the Year- Erick Erickson, managing editor of RedState.com
• National Legislator of the Year — U.S. Representative Jim Jordan, (R-OH), and Chairman of the House of Representatives' Republican Study Committee
• State or Local Elected Official of the Year - Governor Scott Walker, Governor of Wisconsin
• Business Person of the Year - Foster Friess, Renowned investor, businessman and philanthropist
• Faith Community Leader of the Year - Tony Perkins, President, Family Research Council
• Youth Leader of the Year - Justin Pulliam, Texas A&M Leadership Institute Graduate Creator of Conservatism 101 for College Campuses
• Grassroots Organization of the Year- Americans United for Life, first national pro-life organization in the United States
• Capitol Hill Staffer of the Year- Paul Teller, House Republican Study Committee's Executive Director
To learn more about Paul Weyrich and the annual Weyrich Awards Dinner, visit www.weyrichawards.org.
For interviews, please contact Deborah Hamilton at (215) 815-7716, (610) 584-1096, email@example.com
PLEASE get this guy
out of the US Congress.
His campaign webpage
does not even mention ALEC.
Is he ashamed of his ALEC/Weyrich connection?