Did a Google search - did not see this out there.
How did we miss this in February 2012?
Musta been one of those best kept ALEC/Weyrich secrets.
Wasn't even on the Weyrich Award webpage - had to find it on a different RWNJ site.
Weyrich Awards Winners Announced
by News Release
Contact: Deborah Hamilton at (215) 815-7716, (610) 584-1096, email@example.com
BREAKING NEWS: WINNERS OF 2012 WEYRICH AWARDS
Awards Ceremony Honored Those Advancing the Cause of Liberty
Washington, D.C. – The 2012 Weyrich Awards Dinner, held this evening at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel in Washington, DC, once again honored the legacy of leadership of the late Paul Weyrich, one of the foremost thinkers and organizers of the modern conservative movement and who was the first president of the Heritage Foundation, a founder and past director of the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC), the founder and Chairman of the Free Congress Foundation, and the National Chairman of Coalitions for America. He was, and still is, loved by so many as was evidenced by the audience tonight.
The Weyrich Awards Dinner celebrated those who have made a major contribution to advancing the cause of liberty through organizations and media and whose work reflects beliefs, principles and convictions that are harmonious with Paul's own values.
The 2012 Weyrich Award Winners just announced this evening are:
• Media Person of the Year - John Gizzi, White House correspondent, and author of the weekly politics column, Gizz-ette blog
• New Media Person of the Year- Erick Erickson, managing editor of RedState.com
• National Legislator of the Year — U.S. Representative Jim Jordan, (R-OH), and Chairman of the House of Representatives' Republican Study Committee
• State or Local Elected Official of the Year - Governor Scott Walker, Governor of Wisconsin
• Business Person of the Year - Foster Friess, Renowned investor, businessman and philanthropist
• Faith Community Leader of the Year - Tony Perkins, President, Family Research Council
• Youth Leader of the Year - Justin Pulliam, Texas A&M Leadership Institute Graduate Creator of Conservatism 101 for College Campuses
• Grassroots Organization of the Year- Americans United for Life, first national pro-life organization in the United States
• Capitol Hill Staffer of the Year- Paul Teller, House Republican Study Committee's Executive Director
To learn more about Paul Weyrich and the annual Weyrich Awards Dinner, visit www.weyrichawards.org.
For interviews, please contact Deborah Hamilton at (215) 815-7716, (610) 584-1096, firstname.lastname@example.org
# # #