Pages

Friday, October 5, 2012

Mitt-Wit - Right Wing Extremist

I didn’t get to watch the debate on Wednesday – so I had the joy of struggling through the transcript and there were a few things that popped out at me (in addition to the massive LIES that Mitt-Wit kept telling – over and over and over again and his insistent, constant interruptions when he thought he had the right to keep going when it wasn’t his turn anymore).

The good thing of working with the transcript is I can give you direct quotes of what Mitt-Wit said. 

Today on the radio I heard the current right-wing party referred to multiple times as “extremist”.  When you have a right wing presidential candidate – spouting off ALEC-esque philosophy in his opening debate – your are indeed dealing with an extremist right wing presidential candidate.

And that is what this is really about - an extremist right wing candidate - who chose another right wing extremist as his running mate. 

Becausehecan - or - becauehewasforcedto????????????

And he is definitely in the ALEC camp with this statement
21:50:32: ROMNEY: But my experience -- my experience the private sector typically is able to provide a better product at a lower cost.

22:22:05: ROMNEY The right answer for government is say, How do we make the private sector become more efficient and more effective?

Early on Mitt-Wit made this statement:
And your plan is to take the tax rate on successful small businesses from 35 percent to 40 percent. The National Federation of Independent Businesses has said that will cost 700,000 jobs.
NFIB – a really qualified nonpartisan source – in my book – NOT!
As Ezra Klein of the Washington Post reported in 2010:
The National Federation of Independent Businesses -- a small-business trade association that is considered the most right wing of the major business groups
NFIB is an ALEC member and Koch funded.
NFIB skews the numbers to fit the agenda of ALEC and the Koch brothers.

And he plugs ALEC member NFIB again later on:
And the reality is it's not just wealthy people -- you mentioned Donald Trump. It's not just Donald Trump you're taxing. It's all those businesses that employ one-quarter of the workers in America; these small businesses that are taxed as individuals.

You raise taxes and you kill jobs. That's why the National Federation of Independent Businesses said your plan will kill 700,000 jobs. I don't want to kill jobs in this environment.

And like ALEC members – Mitt-Wit is a tenther
The federal government taking over health care for the entire nation and whisking aside the 10th Amendment, which gives states the rights for these kinds of things, is not the course for America to have a stronger, more vibrant economy.

And like ALEC members – he wants access to federal property for energy purposes – don’t forget, federal lands include our national parks:
Mr. President, all of the increase in natural gas and oil has happened on private land, not on government land. On government land, your administration has cut the number of permits and licenses in half. If I'm president, I'll double them,

And he will make the KOCH brothers very happy
And I'll bring that pipeline in from Canada.

On taxes:
But let's get at the bottom line. That is, I want to bring down rates. I want to bring the rates down, at the same time lower deductions and exemptions and credits and so forth, so we keep getting the revenue we need
That statement brought me back to an article that I read in the Chicago Tribune awhile back

A few snips from the article carried across the United States originally published by Reuters (my emphasis).
They're hoping that the November 6 elections will help put their budget plans in play by putting Romney in the White House,

Democratic leaders say that although it's unclear precisely how such a plan would affect each taxpayer, it almost certainly would unfairly squeeze the middle class, have little impact on reducing a federal debt expected to top $16 trillion this year, and become a giveaway to the wealthy.

     while getting some of the roughly 45 percent of Americans who now pay no income taxes to start paying. Most of those people aren't required to pay because they are poor, or are able to claim enough deductions to eliminate their tax bills.

Among the deductions that Camp's committee is examining are those that Americans enjoy for contributions to 401(k) and other retirement savings accounts.

And then I read the Americans for Tax Reform ( an ALEC member) infamous no new taxes mantra coming out of Mitt-Wits mouth:
My plan is not to put in place any tax cut that will add to the deficit. That's point one.

And he shares ALEC’s aversion to Obamacare:
What things would I cut from spending? Well, first of all, I will eliminate all programs by this test, if they don't pass it: Is the program so critical it's worth borrowing money from China to pay for it? And if not, I'll get rid of it. Obamacare's on my list.

ALEC members were wetting themselves when he said this one
Number two, I'll take programs that are currently good programs but I think could be run more efficiently at the state level and send them to the state.

ALEC members were wetting themselves when he said this one
Number three, I'll make government more efficient and to cut back the number of employees, combine some agencies and departments. My cutbacks will be done through attrition, by the way.


This is the approach we have to take to get America to a balanced budget.
And ALEC has a resolutionsd, amicus briefs, or legislation for number one, number two, number three and a balanced budget.

And then Mitt -Wit notes:
And, finally, Medicaid to states? I'm not quite sure where that came in, except this, which is, I would like to take the Medicaid dollars that go to states and say to a state, you're going to get what you got last year, plus inflation, plus 1 percent, and then you're going to manage your care for your poor in the way you think best.

And I remember, as a governor, when this idea was floated by Tommy Thompson
Tommy Thompson – good ‘ol ALEC member who liked to bring home ALEC legislation and call it his own.
Tommy Thomposn written up by ALEC many times and who noted he would dismantle Medicaid and Medicare.

And rMoney wants the states to have control – an ALEC philosophy
We can care for our own poor in so much better and more effective a way than having the federal government tell us how to care for our poor.

So -- so let's state -- one of the magnificent things about this country is the whole idea that states are the laboratories of democracy.      Let states do this.

ROMNEY: But -- but the right -- the right approach is one which relies on the brilliance of our people and states, not the federal government.

More on “entitlements”
21:42:41: ROMNEY: Well, Jim, our seniors depend on these programs, and I know anytime we talk about entitlements, people become concerned that something's going to happen that's going to change their life for the worse.
Let me remind this a$$hole – that these are EARNED BENEFITS.  I paid into them for 45+ years through mandatory payroll taxes and my empoloyers matched my contribution for 45+ years through mandatory contributions.  These are NOT  entitlements – they are EARNED BENEFITS.

So if you're 60 or around 60 or older, you don't need to listen any further.
Oh – but you do – not to listen is to get screwed by the Republican plan.
21:47:21: LEHRER: We'll talk about -- specifically about health care in a moment. But what -- do you support the voucher system, Governor?

21:47:27: ROMNEY: What I support is no change for current retirees and near-retirees to Medicare.
Oh – but you do – not to listen is to get screwed by the Republican plan.
Why????????????
And by the way, if the government can be as efficient as the private sector and offer premiums that are as low as the private sector, people will be happy to get traditional Medicare or they'll be able to get a private plan.

I know my own view is I'd rather have a private plan   

I'd rather be able to have an insurance company. If I don't like them, I can get rid of them and find a different insurance company

if we can't get competition into the Medicare world so that people can get the choice of different plans at lower cost, better quality. I believe in competition.

And the ALEC private profit sector members CHEERED!
(Didn’t Mitt-Wit once say something like  – I like being able to fire people who provide me service.  Lucky him – lots of us don’t have that capability of firing service people or finding a different insurance company.)  Arrogant rich a$$hole!

And he is definitely in the ALEC camp with this statement
21:50:32: ROMNEY: But my experience -- my experience the private sector typically is able to provide a better product at a lower cost.

On the repealing of Obamacare – Mitt-Wit goes right into the ALEC free-enterprise mantra again:
As a matter of fact, free people and free enterprises trying to find ways to do things better are able to be more effective in bringing down the cost than the government will ever be.

The private market and individual responsibility always work best.

On the role of government and the constitution
Second, in that line that says we are endowed by our creator with our rights, I believe we must maintain our commitment to religious tolerance and freedom in this country. That statement also says that we are endowed by our creator with the right to pursue happiness as we choose. I interpret that as, one, making sure that those people who are less fortunate and can't care for themselves are cared by -- by one another.

We're a nation that believes that we're all children of the same god and we care for those that have difficulties,
We are endowed our rights by God?
God endows us the right to pursue happiness?
We’re all children of the same god?
Really??????????
Really????????????
Well – no
The full statemend from the declaration of independence is
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

And then you have this ALEC Parent Trigger Comment from Mitt-Wit
My own view, by the way, is I've added to that. I happen to believe, I want the kids that are getting federal dollars from IDEA or Title I -- these are disabled kids or -- or -- or poor kids or -- or lower-income kids, rather, I want them to be able to go to the school of their choice.

So all federal funds, instead of going to the -- to the state or to the school district, I'd have go, if you will, follow the child and let the parent and the child decide where to send their -- their -- their student.

In closing - Keep this in mind:

OBAMA: And so part of leadership and governing is both saying what it is that you are for, but also being willing to say no to some things. And I've got to tell you, Governor Romney, when it comes to his own party during the course of this campaign, has not displayed that willingness to say no to some of the more extreme parts of his party.

And don’t ever forget that!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment