Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

I Want Everybody to VOTE!!!!

I cried on the way to work today.


I had voted before I left for work.

All along my 40 mile drive – the bridge brigades were out with their signs both Republican and Democratic expressing their freedom of speech – encouraging people to vote.

It didn’t matter which way they were encouraging people to vote – it was about being able to vote.

Having the privilege and freedom TO VOTE – made me cry.
BTW: I cry during the Pledge of Allegiance and when singing the national anthem.


Minnesota has an amendment on the ballot today – a Vote ID amendment – initiated by ALEC and brought to Minnesota by ALEC State Chair Mary Kiffmeyer.  This amendment would take away the right to vote for a lot of people in our state.
ALEC legislators want to take that freedom to vote away from us.
ALEC legislators want to take away your right to vote.
ALEC legislators want to take away my right to vote. 

Paul Weyrich, founder of the American Legislative Exchange Council, did not want everybody to have the right to vote.  His followers at ALEC don't want everybody to vote.



"I don't want everybody to vote. Elections are not won by a majority of the people. They never have been from the beginning of our country and they are not now. As a matter of fact, our leverage in the elections quite candidly goes up as the voting populace goes down.
 


WE MUST make sure
that ALL ALEC members
are not elected, re-elected or appointed
to any public office
at the city, county, state or federal levels.

PLEASE VOTE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment