Pages

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanks!



I say my “gratitudes” almost every night before I go to sleep.
There are a lot of things and people I am thankful for – Republicans are not on the list, anywhere.

This year I am thankful for
My friends
My kid (generic on purpose)
My brother and his wife
My job
My dependable old car that gets me to my job
A roof over my head
Food in my cupboard
Clothes on my back

In addition to those normal types of thanks that most people spout off about, even if they really don’t mean it,
I give thanks almost every night for
  For my blog readers
  For all the tweeps @Progress2Day
  For the dedicated gang at ALEC Exposed
  For the brilliant and eloquent Lisa Graves of CMD
  For the guys at The Voter Legislative Transparency Project
  Hector and his gang of merry spelunkers
  The Kossacks at Daily Kos
  For every protestor – who actively keep our 1st amendment rights intact
  Thom Hartmann, Mike Malloy, John Nichols, Paul Krugman,
     Amy Goodman, Jim Hightower, Matt McNeil of am950 radio and his sidekick William
    Leo Gerard of the Steelworkers Union – for always speaking his mind
  For our “big D” Democratic President
      – who did not get a House and Senate to support him
         in either election, but keeps on keeping on

Most of these people have no idea I exist – but I know that they exist and that every single one of them is making a profound difference in our world – every single day and for that, I am grateful and thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment