Pages

Friday, May 10, 2013

Want 15 Minutes of Anti-GunNut Fame?

Have to tell you the truth - I don't really spend much time over at Daily Kos anymore (use to a long time ago).

I browse through there hovering over the links for the diaries and then reading the first line of the diary - sometimes I read the whole diary , most times I don't (couple of people I read almost all of their stuff) .  (Definitely don't read the comments, anymore - the constant bickering about grammatical syntax and endless threads about semantic differences, is tedious to me.)

Anyway.
Today this was posted - and yes, I stole the whole entry, without permission - no sense making you track back.
(I know 999 and they aren't available right now to give permission - they can sue me when they get home.)

Anyway
based on the best I can tell (right now) - one person read this diary  .
One tip - not one comment.
Not even a typical DK comment that the title could be better - more effective to bring in readers.
Hard to put a title on this one that doesn't put you on the FBI watch list.

and hey!- I think the diary is a pretty good idea, so I thought I'd share it

Anyway

MnDem999 at Daily Kos
The downside of this idea is that your email box will be inundated with Republicon propaganda from Representative Stockman and anyone else he sells your email address to.

Here's the deal - - - -

Rep Stockman is giving away an AR-15
Yes, giving it away.
Win a Free AR-15
Enter the drawing to win a FREE Bushmaster AR-15 rifle, almost impossible to find in stores and the number one firearm on the gun banners' wish list! Winner drawn July 4, 2013.

Sweepstakes Rules
DISCLAIMER: No purchase or donation necessary to win. Void where prohibited. Must be a U.S. resident at least 18 years of age to be eligible to win. Winner drawn randomly. Firearms prizes must be claimed through a licensed firearms dealer in accordance with federal, state and local law. Firearms prize winners must meet all legal requirements and will be subject to a dealer’s background check

What if thousands of Dems and Progressives signed up to win it.
One of us wins it.

You win the weapon - you call the press
The press films you while you take possession of the weapon.
You take the weapon to the police station for destruction - all the while being filmed by the press. (Might not be an option in Arizona - but I'm sure a endrun could be figured out for Arizonians.)

You get a gun off the street.
Press gets a story on gun destruction.
Win - win - - - - - except for Stockman.

It's Friday - I'm braindead - but this does sound like a possible idea to stick it to Stockman and the gun nuts.



No comments:

Post a Comment