Pages

Friday, May 17, 2013

MN Legislature: Smokers to Subsidize Billionaire Ziggy Wilkes

They are trying to paint it at a "health" issue to raise cigarette taxes - bullshit.
A "health" issue that just happens to fund the Viking stadium.
A "health" issue that just happens to put more money in Ziggy's bank account - after all - he's only worth $1.3 BILLION .

Corporate welfare for Ziggy Wilf.

Minnesota gave Ziggy a sweetheart deal on his new stadium.
As I have noted before the damn thing isn't going to cost him one penny in the long-run.

Minnesota was going to fund the stadium with electronic pulltabs - which has been an absolute bust.

Since they couldn't get the gamblers to fund it  ...
now - they are going to raise the tax on cigarettes to fund the new stadium.

Now I'm well aware that the general public hates us smokers - yes, I smoke.
    I know that you blame me for all the health problems in the world.
    I know that you blame me for all the health insurance problems in the world.
    I know you blame me for the high cost of healthcare.
    I know that you blame me for smelling up your world.
    I know you blame me for every ditch fire.
    I know you blame me for every piece of litter on the street/road.
    I know you blame me for every case of childhood asthma.
    I know you blame me for forcing kids to put cigarettes int heir mouths.
The only saving grace for smokers - is we don't have to put up with that mealy mouth whiny anti-smoker bullshit for too long - cause we die earlier than most.

Now the state of Minnesota is blaming me - through a new tax - for their inability to raise the money to pay for Ziggy's new stadium.

I never supported the building of the new stadium.
I refuse to fund the stadium - through their new cigarette tax.
I will not put my hard earned money - that I am willing to literally, die for - in Ziggy's pockets.

I will continue to smoke.
But I will find an end run around buying my smokes in Minnesota.


This is one place where I happen to agree with ALEC:
In the 1990's they stated in one of their documents that the smokers will always be the outcasts in the society - cause they are easy to point out and smell.
They stated that legislators and courts will never pursue the same type of tax/legislative discrimination against alcoholics - cause most legislators drink.
They stated that legislators and courts will never pursue the same type of tax/legislative discrimination against food-aholics - cause most legislators eat.
They stated that legislators and courts will never pursue the same type of tax/legislative discrimination against speeders - cause most legislators drive.



Percentage of U.S. adults who were current smokers in 2010:9
    19.0% of all adults (43.8 million people)

43.8 million people - the outcasts of the United States and for me, the tortured in Minnesota.


Don't leave me any sanctimonious, self-righteous lectures/comments on smoking and the health costs of smoking - you don't know me, and I don't give a damn, cause I'm too old2care.






No comments:

Post a Comment