Pages

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Is It Time to Wake Up - People?

Think about it people!
It's really time to stop 
and think about it.

Across the United States they are hellbent on destroying any and every union (which is the most salient representation of democracy in the US).

    They came for the trade unionists,
    and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Across the United States they are hellbent labeling activists terrorist - whether it is a peaceful rally, an action against XL or actions against animal cruelty. 
I think of the persecution and prosecution of activists like Aaron Schwartz and members of Anonymous.
     
    Then they came for the activists,
    and I didn't speak out because I wasn't an activist.
 
I think of Bradley Manning and Julian Assange, and the prosecution of Anonymous members and to some extent Glenn Greenwald and Snowden, in the future
  
    Then they came for the whistleblowers,
    and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a whistleblower.




    Then they came for me,

    and there was no one left to speak for me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment