Pages

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

WI GOP Endorse State-Sanctioned Rape

This issue was brought to my attention this morning - by this tweet:
Source:  @progess2day

By Patrick Marley of the Journal Sentinel             

Madison — Amid tumult on the state Senate floor, Republicans cut off debate and approved a bill Wednesday requiring women seeking abortions to get ultrasounds.

Democrats protested the bill's merits and the process by which it was passed. Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald (R-Juneau) cut off debate after half an hour Wednesday and Democrats howled in protest. The bill had been debated for hours Tuesday, but Democrats managed to block a final vote on it that day.

The measure passed 17-15, with all Republicans for it and all Democrats against it. Sen. Luther Olsen (R-Ripon) was absent.

And I couldn't help myself - it bought back a War on Women "NSFW" entry I did a couple of months ago:

My first thought -
Every legislator who is supporting the use of  ultrasound
Should volunteer for an exam done with this piece of transvaginal ultrasound medical equipment

FIRST UP
“I don’t have any problem with ultrasound,” Walker told reporters on Tuesday in Milwaukee. “I think most people think ultrasounds are just fine.”

No comments:

Post a Comment